Visa Information

Below is information for students who require a visa to study an English course in the UK.

Yes, we can support your application for a Short-term Study Visa (up to 11 months).

There are two types of study visa, Short-term Study Visa for 6 months or for 11 months.

Short-term Study Visa

This is best for:

  • Students who have never studied English before
  • Students who want to do a short course (up to 11 months) in English

For more information on the various UK visas, please check the Home Office website.

That’s not a problem at all, we have classes from Elementary to Advanced level so we will definitely have a course to suit you. The best visa for you is probably the Short-Term Study Visa.

For Short-Term Study Visas, we need:

  • Application form
  • Copy of passport
  • Any relevant university/secondary school certificates

We will always give you advice on what you need to apply for your visa. The main reasons visas are rejected are:

  • Not having enough money in their bank account.
  • No social or economic ties to their country
  • Incorrect documents

There are a number of restrictions, but the main ones for students are:

  • You cannot work in the UK (regardless of the type of visa you apply for).
  • You must keep UKEC Academy informed of changes to your contact details.
  • If your course is cancelled for any reason or you fail to turn up to class, we reserve the right to cancel your course and, where necessary, inform the Home Office. Please see our policies page for full details.

It is a healthcare surcharge that you need to pay if you are a non-EEA national to get access to the National Health Service (NHS).

If you intend to apply for a Short-Term Study Visa for a period of study up to 6 months you will not have to pay this surcharge.


Keep up to date with everything that has been happening recently at UKEC Academy!